Clinical & Pharmaceutical Solutions through Analysis

Where Technology and Solutions Meet...
Where East Meets West

CPSA Shanghai 2013

Reviving Pharmaceutical R&D with Translational Science, Regulatory Efficiency, and Innovative Models

April 24 - 27, 2013
Renaissance Pudong Shanghai Hotel
Shanghai, China

Travel to Shanghai

Attendees traveling to CPSA Shanghai will want to arrive into the Shanghai International Airport (PVG). The Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel is a 40-minute taxi ride from the airport (~150CNY / US$25). Your taxi driver may not speak English, but you can download and print out an instruction card to give to the taxi driver indicating that you wish to go to the Renaissance Shanghai Hotel.

Travel to Beijing

If you are planning to attend the CPSA Satellite Workshop that will be held on Monday, April 22 in Beijing, you may wish to review the travel and hotel information for the Beijing Drug Metabolism Workshop.


Foreigneers traveling to China will require a visa in order to enter the country. This visa is simple to obtain, as long as you follow the correct procedure. You may either submit your application in person, or you may entrust someone else or a visa agent to submit your application at the visa office of the Chinese Consulate that handles the state in which you reside. Mail applications are not acceptable, therefore we recommend using a company that specilizes in travel and visa procurement, such as VISA NETWORK. They will help guide you through the process. Their order form should accompany your application

As of March 11, 2013 application must be made to a specific Chinese consulate based on the State you reside in. VISA NETWORK is able to process visas through any Chinese consulate here in the U.S. - processing time for the visa will vary depending on where the applicant resides here in the U.S.

If you reside in the following states (New York District):
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont
If you reside in the following states (Washington DC District):
Colorado, District of Columbia, Delaware, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
If you reside in the following states (Los Angeles District):
Arizona, Southern California, Hawaii, New Mexico, and Pacific Islands
If you reside in the following states (Houston District):
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas
If you reside in the following states (San Francisco District):
Northern California, Alaska, Nevada, Oregon, and Alaska

Applying for a Conference Visa - (90 day maximum stay)

To apply for a visa specifically for attending the CPSA Shanghai meeting, you will need the following completed items items in your appication for your visa:

If you are applying for a visa solely for the purpose of attending a conference, you need to state on the application form that the purpose of your visit is for a meeting (conference) and include the conference name CPSA SHANGHAI 2013.

Section 2.1: Be sure to check the box marked "Meeting" as your reason for travel.
You should enter the conference information for CPSA Shanghai 2013 in section 5.2.

Section 2.8: Please enter your contact unit in China as:

Frank Fung
Vice President
MICE Partner Consulting Company, Ltd.
Room 411, Zhenxin Biz Bld
No. 2199 South Qilianshan Rd, 201824, Shanghai
Tel: +86-2139152015
Mobile: +86-18917509848

As this visa will be good only for travel 90 days from the date of issue, you should apply for your visa no earlier than March 1, 2013 and no later than March 22, 2013, to be assured of delivery in time for the meeting and that it does not expire prior to or during the meeting.

Applying for Dual Entry or Multiple Entry "Business Trip" - (valid for 6 - 12 months)

If you are planning to do additional business in China on another trip/trips you can apply for a dual entry or multiple entry visa. Application for this type of visa is similar, but requires some additional paperwork, specifically a letter of invitation from a Chinese company with whom you do/will do business.

The invitation letter should include the following items:

  1. Personal information of the applicant: name, gender, date of birth, nationality
  2. Information concerning the applicant's visit to China: purpose of the visit, date of arrival and leaving, places to visit, relationship between the applicant and the inviter, and who will bear the cost of the applicant's accommodations in China
  3. Information of the inviter: name of the unit, phone number, address, seal and signature of the legal representative.

©2013 Milestone Development Services. All rights reserved.